bringing a sense of history to 100+ years of production
Through a unique partnership between Oregon Film, the OregonMade Creative Foundation in collaboration with Travel Oregon a new statewide network of recognizable trail markers are being placed in several iconic filming locations for #OregonMade films. Other partners include: Oregon Coast Visitors Association, Astoria-Warrenton Chamber of Commerce, Astoria Parks & Recreation, Oregon Film Museum, The Flavel House, Oregon State Parks, City of Brownsville, The Linn County Historic Museum and Gleneden Beach State Recreation Site.
- Three Historic Film location sites have been installed in Astoria (January 2018).
- Another sign has been installed at Gleneden Beach State Rec. Area (September 2018).
- Three more Historic Film signs will be placed in Brownsville soon (Spring 2019).
- Portland International Airport is home to the new 160ft mural and film poster exhibit for at least the next 2-3 years. The exhibit further enhances and anchors the breadth and beauty of Oregon locations.
- Multiple additional sites, cities and locations around the state are currently being explored including Salem, Joseph and Cottage Grove.
- Designing a geographic "digital trail" for film fans to follow that will map each physical Trail signpost, support the information on each sign, flesh out additional local information for users, as well as suggestions for other sites they can visit, related tourist events etc. – essentially utilize location-based marketing by using Geofencing.
- Capture and collect digital trail users engagement at each site and throughout the state.
- Design and create a digital interface that is informative, fun and a user-friendly experience (potentially using AR technology) in the form of a Kiosk that will be utilized for engagement purposes at film events around Oregon (festivals, screenings etc.), highly trafficked areas such as the Oregon Film Museum, or the Travel Oregon welcome booth at the Portland International Airport.